Downhill Mansion House was built in the 18th century for Frederick Hervey the Bishop of Derry. Destroyed by fire it was rebuilt in 1851 only to fall into decay and disrepair after the Second World War. The property and the surrounding grounds are now part of the National Trust.
The Mussenden Temple formed part of the huge estate that cost an enormous £80,000 to build, a fortune in those days. The entrance to the estate was via the Lion's Gate which still stands. During the Second World War the house was used by the RAF.
For more photos click here